Saturday, January 5, 2013

How The Heck Do I Get a Job

How The Heck Do I Get a Job is something that I typed into Google one day.  And if you found this page......ha,ha,ha.....you probably just typed in the same thing.

In fact, so many people search for How The Heck Do I Get a Job!

The reason for it is simple........we get so frustrated in today's job market.  There are about 23 million folks out of work.  And seeing that the supply of potential workers is so high.......and demand or the amount of potential jobs are so low.....the employers can afford to be real picky on who they choose.

And if you are one of the 23 million folks who need a job......well that stinks.

Then one day you get so frustrated.....so ticked off at the situation......you sit in front of your computer and you type in How The Heck Do I Get a Job just like I did!

Now you may feel a little silly that you did that.  And you may even feel sillier that you actually found a blog post or other pages that address that question.

Well don't feel silly because if you look at the top of the search engine page of results, depending on which search engine you used and when you asked that question, you may be surprised to see that between 90 million and 125 million results came up.  That means an awful lot of people are just like us.

So I understand fully how frustrated you must feel.  I had a career in corporate and private jet aviation that lasted 38 years.  And then my business started to slow down.....and then I got sick.  Now I didn't ask to get sick.....but I did.

And after a year of recuperating to the point where I could get back to work, I felt like I was going to go crazy from trying to find a job.  Well, I actually did type in one day, How The Heck Do I Get a Job and maybe you did that too.

But here is a twist.  What if we thought a little different about the problem?

What if we asked a different question?  What if we asked...Do I need a new job.....or do I need a business of my own?

You see I have a little thing in the back of my mind that says.....maybe finding a new job may just postpone the inevitable.  Now I am sure that there may be a great company out there and perhaps there is a great job for me.  And I would certainly entertain it.

But what if the next job just falls apart if the economy burbs again?  And then if I am out of work again.....will I find a job again?  If so.....how long will I have to wait for the next job?

You see if we are not going forward we are going backwards and if we keep losing our source of income.....how will we take care of our family?  How would we ever expect to retire some day?

Well anyway, I just wrote a blog post on this very subject and you may just like it if you read it.

Because with every problem there needs to be an answer.

So the question of How The Heck Do I Get a Job needs an answer.  But is that really the question that we should be asking?

Well click on this link and find out what I really think that we should be asking and stop asking this question....How The Heck Do I Get a Job ?

No comments:

Post a Comment